Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Hair cuts
My little man is growing up! Colin came up to me while I was still in bed today and said, "momma I want to get my hair cut today and I want to set in the little car". Okay, I know he is talking about Shear Madness, sigh, that means I have to take him. I much prefer when he goes with Pa in Maryville so I don't have to hear the screams and cries and see the tears. So I ask him are you sure you want me to take you or do you want Pa to take you. "No I want you to take me momma". So I get ready and call Shear Madness and see if they have any openings, they do at 9:30 and it is 9:18, so I ask if they are still over by Sprint, nope they have moved and are just up the street now. So I take the spot at 9:30, run to get Emma's shoes on her and Colin is hurrying to get his shoes on and out the door we go. We get there right on time, have just a minute to look at all of the toys for after the hair cut when Colin spots it . . . a brand new umbrella! And this one is red and yellow with flames and has a firetruck theme (at least I think it does, we still haven't opened it). That is what he wants when we are done, so we go back and he picks his car . . . the yellow Hummer, the lady that is going to cut his hair lifts him in (wow this is a good start, usually I have to do that) and he lets her put a robot cape on him! He wants to watch the Scobby Doo that is on the TV. He does whimper a little when she gets the clippers out, but all in all not bad this time! No screaming, no crying, not even a tear! He is growing up! And $57 later we are out of there! (You know for about $20 more mommy could have gotten her hair cut and colored!!)
