Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Making Mints

Who knew that Colin would be so into helping me make cream cheese mints for my friend Michelle T. I really thought that he would just ignore what I was doing and watch TV in the front room, but nope he was much more interested in watching me make the mints and then trying to help make them. I let him help me make a few, I would roll the dough into a ball and put it into the bowl of sugar where Colin would roll it in sugar and then put it into the mold for me. Next we would push the ball into the mold and then turn it out onto a piece of wax paper. He thought this was just the greatest thing ever! He was a great helper until I caught him licking his fingers in between rolling each ball in the sugar! That was enough help from him for the night! He did find that I had cowboy molds so we are planning to make some mints for him later on that he can do all by himself!