Long weekends are so hard simply because they get us out of our normal routine. Yes, I admit it for as unorganized as I am at times I like routine. I like knowing what to expect. So Thursday was Rich's birthday so he took Thursday and Friday off. The plan was for him to take Alex's car to Maryville Thursday morning and the kids and I would come up Thursday afternoon or Friday morning after I had gotten a chance to do some laundry and other things. Things never go as planed when other people make the plans!
Alex's car wouldn't start because the relatively new battery in it was dead so Rich had to go exchange it for a new one. Then I decided it was probably just better if the kids and I followed him to Maryville instead of coming up later, because I would have been unhappy if he had called and said he was in like St. Joe and the car died and we needed to come get him. The kids and I don't do well to hurry like that. So I threw some things in a bag for the kids and I and off we went to Maryville.
Now, I'm not really sure what it is about the farm that Emma has issues with but she got sick again while we were up there (okay I really think it all has to do with her teething). So Colin got to stay with Nana and Pa (in the city) and Rich and I brought Emma home cause she was sick.
Poor thing was hot as could be and then she just sat up straight in bed and threw up everywhere. She made a whimper and laid back down. She spent half of Friday night in bed with Rich and the other half in bed with me. At least we each got some sleep!
But at least we had managed to get Alex's car fixed so that it will be ready for him when he comes home from Iraq, that is if Colin will let him have it! Colin did get to ride in it all the way back from Maryville to Liberty and is in love with it now! So good luck to Alex in getting it back cause Colin already said he wants to keep it!
I had planned to go to some garage sales Saturday morning, but didn't get around to it until early afternoon and took Emma just so she could get out of the house and well she fell asleep in the truck while I was driving around.
So here is my gripe about garage sales. Why do people put things out front by the street then when you get out to look they have a small sign on them that says "not for sale". If it is not for sale then don't put it out by the road!! Geesh want to talk about one pissed off little girl, Emma screamed for 5 minutes because we stopped at one sale because the had one of those 2 seat jeeps for little kids in pink at this sale, we get out and it has a sign on it! What the heck! She really wanted it to! Her little eyes just lit up the minute she spotted it! It was like all of her sickness just went away, then when I saw the sign and had to tell her she just started screaming and crying and reaching for it. Now you know why I hate going to garage sales and why I hate doing it even more with the kids! They can just go with Nana from now on!
I hope that Emma will be better tomorrow so that she will want to go with me to pick up Colin from Nana and Pa's but we will have to see!
