Sunday, July 5, 2009

Picking up the kids

So I go to pick up the kids today from Nana and Pa's house in Liberty and the first thing Colin asks me is if I got his room painted. At first I was like huh what is he talking about, but then I figured it out. I had shown him the red tractors that I got to put on his wall once it was repainted, so he thought since both he and sissy were going to the farm with Nana and Pa that I was going to paint his room! I guess I need to pick a color for the next time they are both gone so that I can get his room painted.

Emma was on the news on KMBC's Birthday Calendar on Saturday. She won a large pizza from Papa John's and an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen! We plan on having both for her birthday party on Friday night. We recorded First News so that we can show her that she was on TV on Friday! I think she will really like seeing herself on the big TV!

While I was gone to pick up the kids Rich finished mowing and weed eating the yard. He even got the new pool that the kids got for their birthdays from Nana and Pa blown up and filled with water. Emma was a little upset that it was covered with a pool cover, but I took it off and she stuck her hand in and yanked it out fast saying "cold . . .on, on". So then I put the cover back on the pool and said we would play in it tomorrow once it had warmed up. She was happy with that and kept running back to the pool and slapping the cover saying "cold" it was cute and funny.

Colin helped me move a few things around on the patio and then I used the garden hose to wash off some of his toys and spray him since he was really wanting to get wet! He loved it!

Tomorrow we are going to play out in the pool and I think I may try and teach them how to play the washer game that we got. I think that it will be easy enough for them to understand. . . stand here and throw the washer in hole on the board. Even if they are not very good at it I think they will enjoy trying.