Saturday, April 25, 2009

Quiet Time

Colin and Emma are off at Nana and Pa's for the weekend! How nice and quiet the house is! Colin did have his first tantrum today at Nana's house. He was heading to his room at Nana's house and I told him to leave the door open so that Emma could play with him and the toys too and he just flung himself to the floor right there in the hall and started screaming and crying. He did that for about 5 minutes before moving to his room and slamming the door. Well, I had told him to leave it open so I went down there and told him that if he didn't want to leave it open that was fine and I took all of the toys out of the room and shut the door behind me. I put the toys in Nana's room (good thing she was still at work!) and then told Colin when he was ready to tell me he was sorry he could come out. Well about half an hour later he came downstairs and told me he was sorry and it was like it never happened. But oh my gosh he screamed and cried that whole time! Emma just kept looking at me saying "he crying" which really sounds like "he dying" when she says it but I knew what she was talking about! I hope that was the last of his tantrums though because that will not be acceptable!!