Friday, April 10, 2009

Soda and Sippy Cups

Lets just say I already know that soda in the sippy cups doesn't really work, but it is the treat that I let Colin and Emma enjoy on the way to . . . well when we are out and have McDonald's for lunch. Most of the time it works okay, a little spill, but nothing major. But not today!! Little Miss Emma decided that she wanted to put her cup beside her in the car seat, upside down! We didn't even make it 2 blocks to Borders to get our Easter books and her pants and car seat were soaked! So I had to change her in the front seat of the truck before we could go into Borders. No easy task with an almost 2 year old that really doesn't want to be doing this! But we finally finished and were off to Borders.

Emma rides in the stroller as normal and Colin helps push the stroller until we get inside then he is off to touch and feel eerything that he can get near before I have him come back over to Emma and I, but boy is he fast! We make our way back to the children's section and make our selection of Easter books but not before Colin finds the Max and Ruby stuffed bunnies that he just HAS to have! So we add them to our bag and then . . . "mommy we have to get Nanny a new book cause she is out". So I let Colin pick out a new book for Nana, hope she likes it cause you know he picked it off of the cover picture. (Nana be thankful I told him I didn't think you would like the one with the monster fighting on the cover!)


So we finally make it to Nana's the kids have their new books and toys and I have a chance to wash Emma's pants (encase she has another "accident" before we get home today). Nana got off work early today came and picked Colin up with lightning speed and they were off. Emma had a few wimpers, but happly took a nap on the way home in rush hour traffic!